Contact your Local Federal Member
Steps to contacting your Local Federal Member about your concerns.
- Find your Local Federal Member via the link above by entering your postcode in the search bar.
- Press the Connect Tab on your Federal Members page, enter your details and make your comment. Please Note: Some Members will provide you with an email address for you to directly email whilst others won’t.
- If you find email is easier for you – please remember to CC us too, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- One of the best ways to support our campaign is to reach out to your local Federal Member by sending them an email or polite personalised letter. Every MP letter will really make a difference!
- If you require a template please feel free to download our template below, change the text and add to it to personalise and send via post or copy and paste into your email
Some pointers in writing to your Local Federal Member in a letter.
- Set out the name and address of your MP in the top left-hand corner of the page.
- Use the proforma letter as a guide and add your own personal experiences or anecdotes where possible. It’s important to explain why the issue is important to you.
- Keep it polite and brief.
- We recommend that you paraphrase, change the words and add your own personal experiences & concerns.
- Together we can make a difference and have our individual voices heard as one!
Pro-forma sample letter
Dear <federal member>
Re: NIB / CIGNA / Managed Care
Thank you for reading my message about the new venture between NIB health insurance and CignaCorp from the US.
I understand that CignaCorp is one of the largest Managed Health Care organisations (HMO) in America.
I do not feel comfortable with my doctor contracted to a health insurer. I do not want his/her treatment plan influenced by a contract with the health insurer.
Please introduce legislation which protects Australians against any possible version of managed health care in this country. Other countries have successfully done this.